[bioknoppix-discuss] (no subject)

humberto at hpcf.upr.edu humberto at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu May 6 14:27:11 AST 2004

Jose Rafael Blesa Blesa <jrblesa at ochoa.fib.es> wrote:

> I'm a new user of BioKnoppix. Maybe my question is very simple,
> but... is the version 0.2.1 beta a full working version?

It should be. I'll admit to not using Jemboss much though.

> When I use the JEMBOSS tools, the ouput file is always empty. Can
> someone give me a hand.

Can you give a more concrete example? I tested out some simple Jemboss
commands, and they mostly work.

For example

showdb
go
Show results

works as I'd expect, as does

showfeat
tembl:xlrhodop
go
Show results

I did notice that if you put anything in the output options or advanced
output options, that the Show results doesn't work. I don't know if
that's a bug or a feature.

I seem to recall having seen at some point graphical programs also work,
but I can't get plotorf to produce anything interesting today.

The command line versions of these tools are working correctly, and
these are the ones we've been using in class. We'll look into the
graphical interfaces for the next release.

--
Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist